Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Two In One

Authors note: I know I've been behind on my blogging, but my computer hasn't been working so I've been writing my better posts, I'll try to post them as soon as possible, and this is just a post about how Jekyll and Hyde are the same person.


For the small amount of time we have been reading Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Zoe and I have been saying the same thing. Constantly we were convinced that they were the same person, and after reading even further, we were correct. Hyde represents the evil within us. Often the connection to the new movie "The Devil Inside" was made. While Jekyll represents what is what is good. Their clashing personalities don't come out at the same time. Jekyll is during the day while Hyde comes out in the darker hours of the night. I connected their to personalities to coming "in and out" of their body. Which reminded our group of the most common motif - a door. Doors can open to let things in, and close to let things out. Just like Jekyll and Hyde's personalities are coming in and out of their body.

1 comment:

  1. Abby,
    Great connection with that movie - thought that was really neat! You are so right in that doors lead us to many opportunities whether they are good or bad. Maybe next time try analyzing that motif (or a different one) even deeper. Overall, great job.

    ReplyDelete