Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hyde

Authors note: I wrote a poem about how Hyde can't really be described. I got the inspiration from this at the bottom of page 43. Mr. Enfield was explaining how you really just can't describe Hyde. I thought that this was unique and kind of cool because it let me paint the picture in my head. So, I wrote a poem trying to mimic the use of D's that the author did.

There are no words to describe
Evil and darkness that are inside
It was down-right clear no one wants to see
His darkness that lied underneath
The face was said to be deformed
His dark and creepy heart was never warmed
He looked like a demon no one had ever seen
His personality was displeasing and mean
Don’t even begin to think anyone will know
The way his disgusting thoughts will flow
Sometimes words just can’t describe
The disgusting devil that is inside

 Quote I based this off of: "He is not easy to describe. There is something wrong with his apperance; something down-right detetsable. I never saw a man I so disliked, and yet I scare know why. he must be deformed somewhere; he gives a strong feeling of deformity although I couldn't specify the point..."

4 comments:

  1. I loved the repetition and use of D's, it was really powerful! It was distracting and so strengthening at the same time, i really loved it. I love the idea that you wrote this poem to explain what you wanted to say, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great explanation of your opinion of Mr. Hyde! You did a great job covering all the main aspects of him, and you really use details to get your point across. I loved this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the use of D's it puts a lot more emphasis into the piece you write. It's also really cool that the first two sentences end the same, and those sentences start and wrap up the piece so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you took a quote and elaborated it in your own way to get your point across and how you interpreted the text, I didn't even think of doing something like that. Your poem flowed together really well and the way you broke up each line made it really interesting to read. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete